Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The New Cage

Our 2000 Mustang has seen better days. It's been a fantastic car - y'know, as cars go - but after years of dutiful daily service and many wonderful road trips, the poor thing is kind of tired.

And so, it was time to get a new car.

If it were up to me, we'd probably have one of those pretty new Dodge Challengers. But it's not up to me, because I rarely drive. No, the choice of what new car to get should be made by the person who has to drive it every day. So Lady Luck was in charge of choosing the new cage.

We researched a lot of cars and trucks. When the smoke cleared on Saturday, we found ourselves with a 2008 Honda Element.

And, for a cage, it rocks. The handling is fantastic, and it's a whole lot faster than I would have expected. But the best part is the interior: I'll finally be able to haul my upright bass around in comfort, instead of cramming it in to the passenger seat and squeezing myself in to the driver's seat in what little space remains, and hoping I don't get in a wreck where they'd have to use the jaws of life to get me out of my bass.

So, in a nutshell, if you have to have a cage, you could do worse than a Honda Element.

0 comments: