Friday, December 19, 2008

Pictures of downtown...

div>




Yesterday went well. Diane's boss was out of town, in Nashville all day. I think I answered the phone all of six times...twice was the same guy, who I kept losing when I transferred his call to another extension. (I didn't remember to push the "transfer" button TWICE!) Poor guy, bet he was thinking he was dealing with a moronic nutcase! He would have been only half right!









I was relieved for lunch break at 12.30 PM...and I went for my walk downtown. Let's have a look at some of the sights, shall we?










This is the court house where Diane's office is located. Can you imagine me...a pierced and tattooed biker lady...working just down the hall from the rooms where lady justice stands blind folded? I'm useally the one standing in front of that lady hoping my lawyer is as good as he thinks he is!


Now this also stands right in front of the court house. It's the traffic circle there. It's a nice simple monument to the military men and women who gave their lives in all the wars and conflicts for the United States. A little deeper into the town, there is a kind of wall, that lists the names of the dead. This town does honor it's military...and that's something to be proud of. I will one day soon take a walk down the road that is dedicated to these guys and gals. I will take pictures and post them here on the blog, it's amazing how beautiful it is...most small town's memorials tend to look cheap and sloppy, not to mention forgotten! Not ours!


Next on the walking tour comes the covered bridge. As I told you earlier, I feel this is one of the most beautiful covered bridges i have ever encountered! I've lived in Lancaster PA. and I've travelled about the NE a little...I've seen my share of covered bridges...I wish it was fall instead of winter. I would love to show you the fall colors and the reflective quailities that make this bridge so lovely! Here are a few more shots of the bridge. Then the tour is over for the day...I have to go back to work for Diane today...



One last thing before I go...Diane likes Christmas...she's decorated her office with stuff she collects from home. Here are some pictures of what she's done to brighten her office...nice touch Diane.


So I guess the next thing I should do...

Is wish all of you a really great Christmas...

Just in case you don't make it back here before Christmas comes....

Chessie

0 comments: